Whatever your hopes for your child’s final years of study at school, GCSE music is a wise choice. If they have a passion for a subject, they’re much more likely to enjoy their study and be motivated to revise and practise. Yet there are so many other reasons why they’ll benefit from studying music. GJ offers a full on line lesson experience in a class room environment to offer support to a fantastic music course
GCSE music involves written, analytical, practical and social/personal skills such as:
- independent learning: having to be disciplined about practising on their instrument or voice.
- team working: particularly if they’re involved in weekly groups or ensembles, concerts and performances.
- performance and presentation skills which are useful for any job/career.
- listening: this is highly developed in musicians and it is an important part of the course.
- analytical and essay-writing skills.
- confidence and self-esteem: which has a knock-on effect in all areas of life and learning.
- creativity and self-expression: helping young people to think differently and harness the power of their imagination.